Can you believe it’s time to begin practicing for Christmas choir? Choir is starting up again on Sunday, October 15th at 1pm in the sanctuary. There we’ll hand out CDs and assign speaking parts and solos (yes, small solos!) If your child can come sing with us on December 17th and can attend the tech rehearsal on 12/10, then we’d love to have your children join choir!
Here’s the rest of the practice schedule:
- 12/3 (In Summit Bldg)
- 12/10 (FULL TECH REHEARSAL – MANDATORY)
- Singing at Service: 12/17 9:30 and 11:15 am
As always, I’m very excited about the next children’s choir! Our Theme is Jesus – King of Kings. I think it’s important to note that choir is a way that your children can serve God. Who knows the lives that are being touched for Christ and the hearts that are being stirred towards repentance while watching our kids sing about our Savior? Often times, the best evangelists are the littlest ones… their transparency and sincerity can pierce the hardest of hearts. So while it’s fun and cute and entertaining, this is service!
Now, you’re all kids choir veterans, and I’m sure you all know this, but here are some reminders:
- Every family that comes to rehearsal will need to have a parent or a responsible adult (18 years or older) stay in the sanctuary building as we rehearse. This is very important because Children’s Choir is separate from Sunday School and Awana and we will not have a security team in place.
- Please make sure you child has used the bathroom before rehearsal and is ready to sing by 1:00 pm – we want to make the most of our time together and get everyone home to enjoy their Sunday afternoon!
- If you child can read, you’ll get a practice folder. Please bring your child’s folder to practices. It’s our goal that we won’t need them come the day of the performance.
- Every child will get a practice CD. It is important to listen to them at least once a day! (Honestly, my daughters and I listen to them 3-4x a day 4-5 days a week.)
- Invite your friends and family members. Choir is definitely an outreach to get them to hear the Good News!
Children’s Choir is sure to be a lot of fun; but most importantly, we want this to be a great experience that your child will remember throughout their life – singing about the birth of THEIR Savior and King, Jesus!
Please email Meredith at MMcConnell@cc-gc.org to sign your child up or with any questions.